A small country in eastern europe that borders with ukraine, czech republic, austria, ukraine and poland. historically it kept getting occupied by foreign powers (mongols, turks, hungarians, germans, russians). used to be a part of Cczechoslovakia while under the power of USSR then they split up when the curtain fell.
The good: -Beatiful countryside. (forests, snowpeaked mountains, lakes)
- Plenty of historical buildings and museums
- Lots of clubs and places of entertainment
- Slovakia along with the Czech Republic have the most beatiful women in europe.
- It plays some of the best hockey in the world and produced players like Demitra, Satan, Hossa, Gaborik...etc
- Horrible government, corrupt, greedy uncaring.
- The eastern part of the country is always forgotten about when it comes to economic development. therofre the eastern part is a little bit behind the western. it is a bit more run-down
- Slovakia gets some really bad rep from idiotic movies like eurotrip and hostel. i wish they stop picking the eastern european countries as the most run-down cespools on the planet. THEY ARE NOT.
This has been a relatively unbiased look on my country. you can take from it what you want. if you are not convinced you should always visit the place and formulate your own opinion.
Slovakia can become a prosperous country if the government will stop filling its pockets
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.