1. Order of herbacious sea mammals. Includes the Dugong and the manatee. These creatures eat almost exclusively sea grasses and they never leave the water.
2. Rather good Norwegian gothic metal band. They take many different sound textures and blend them all into a truly grand overall package. Includes clean male vocals, female vocals and also death vocals. Various music styles are employed too, from basic rock to black metal and even some classical in the form of violin passages. Melodic instrumental interludes and keyboards also feature heavily.
3. In Greek mythology, the Sirens were sea nymphs who sung beautifully to sailors and lured them to sail off the cliffs and drown.
1. Oh dear oh dear, we have a manatee maimed by a boat propeller. Send for the vet specialising in sirenia.
2. I listened to Sirenia and I enjoyed it.
3. Hmm... Sakis and his crew haven't been seen for months... Maybe they encountered some Sirens.
Prices shown in USD.
Log in with Facebook to save your favorite definitions
and share them with friends.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.