1) A child's toy which originated in Australia. They were plastic cups that you strapped to the bottom of your shoes, then walked around in and made annoying clacking sounds.
2) A nickname applied to platform boots (after the toy), which became popular with Australian skinhead culture in the 1970's into the 1980's.
3) A nickname applied to Australian skinheads, which referenced the platform boots many of them liked to wear.
4) The title of a 1992 movie about Australian skinhead culture and its destructiveness.
1) Take those damn romper stompers away from your kid, that sound is annoying, I've had all I can stands and I can't stands no more!
2) I got my girlfriend a pair of romper stompers for her birthday.
3) Get the bouncers to kick those romper stompers out of the club before they start a fight and kill someone.
4) Australian actor Daniel Pollock killed himself shortly after filming Romper Stomper by jumping in front of a train.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.