1. A malapropism comprised by combining the words refute (to prove wrong) and repudiate (to abandon)
2. To prove something is wrong by the act of abandoning it, rather than by any actual proof
Synonyms: overthrow, abandon, disregard, disparage, denigrate
Note: This word has been mistakenly defined as a combination of refuse and repudiate, but since those words are synonyms, that makes absolutely no sense.
1. In america, polygamy was refudiated long ago.
2. Atheists are attempting to refudiate God.
3. Censors routinely force the media to refudiate certain "curse" words.
Prices shown in USD.