People in their mid-to-late 20's (sometimes early 30's) that cannot grasp the idea they are growing up...still hang out with high school people, go to bars/clubs, miss high school and their time there, try to 're-live' their glory days of high school/college. Feel insecure regarding the future & cling to the past as much as possible.
- Have trouble finding jobs that are 'good enough' for them
- Relationship problems/lots of instability
- Financial problems/spending issues/debt -- Feeling everyone is doing better than they are
- Refusal to stop partying
- Believe the single-party lifestyle is for them even though it puts them into debt & makes them look desperate(males - behave like someone from the show 'Entourage', women like younger versions of 'Sex and the City')
- Secretly envious of those who have settled down, have families/children, careers and friendships made after high school graduation. State 'I'm still in my prime' but knowing deep down they are fading fast into the background
Quarterlife Crisis: The 29-yr old who goes to the bar with people from high school & asks 'how old do you think I am' to every person they meet - when given the answer '23', it's the highlight of their week.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.
Log in with Facebook to save your favorite definitions
and share them with friends.