1. <adjective> Relating to the Punjab - a region covering part of Pakistan and part of India.
2. <noun> A South Asian ethnic group found predominantly in the Punjab. 90 million Punjabis live in Pakistan, 30 million in India, 2 million in the UK and just under 1 million in Canada. Most Punjabis are Muslims, although many are Sikhs and smaller numbers belong to other religions.
3. <noun> A language spoken by most Punjabis and also by many non-Punjabis living in India or Pakistan.
4. <noun> A term sometimes used as a racial slur to refer to people of South Asian origin. Also sometimes applied (perhaps mistakenly) to those not of South Asian origin, such as Arabs, Turks, Persians and Berbers.
1. "The Punjabi landscape is beautifully mountainous."
2. "My mother's a Punjabi and my father's a Pashtun."
3. "I don't speak Punjabi very well."
4. "Go back home, you stupid fat Punjabi!"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.