1) To take off, or 'pop', the top on a can or glass/plastic bottle.
2) To shoot ('pop') a bullet ('cap') at someone/something
3) A multi-player scenario on Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64 in which one player, called the 'victim' and denoted by being neon-green in color, was hunted down and killed by the other players by either conventional means (face-to-face shooting, fist fight, knifing, etc.), unconventional means (remote mine, proximity mine, timed mine, etc.), means of stealth (cloaking device, shooting in the back of the head dishonorable, etc.), or by utterly cheap means (using the maian 'farsight', wire-guided 'skedar' rocket launcher, poison-dipped throwing knives, etc.). Points were earned by either killing the 'victim', which earned you 3 points and the chance at being the 'victim', or by being the 'victim' and alive for an un-godly amount of time (around 15 seconds), which earned you 1 point. Using teams in this scenario makes it more enjoyable, especially with large groups of human/A.I. players, whereas the team that had a 'victim' member was tasked with defending him or her, while the other team(s) were tasked with killing the 'victim'. Has yet to be cloned/copied into any current game with the exception of games that allow players to add their own multi-player scenarios into the mix (Halo, Halo II, etc.). However, these can not usually compare to the original due to un-available customization options present in the scenario on Perfect Dark.
It is also noted that, unusually, there has been no sequel to Perfect Dark like once promised. The shares of Rare(c) held by Nintendo(c) were, sadly, sold sometime after Perfect Dark was made, forcing Nintendo to look elsewhere for creating its FPS titles.
1) Bottoms up!!!
2) <jive> Don't make me pop a cap into yo ass, foo! </jive>
3) Damnit!!! >.< They found my hiding spot!!! Now I have to pop the new cap!!!
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.