It's mandatory in Illinois schools, unless you..
1. have some medical issue;
2. are taking something like Health or Driver's Ed;
3. are on a sports team (e.g. high school wrestling, etc.); and/or
4. observe a religion that won't let you participate for some reason (Christian Scientists b/c of the "body is just a shell", Muslim girls b/c of the PE outfits)
Illinois, even though it's the only state that mandates Physical Education, allows students to opt out via medical disability, Health or Driver's Ed elective, and/or religious reasons.
1. "Here's a note from the school nurse."
1-a. "I can't go swimming. I'm on my period, and I can't wear a tampon."
2. "Sorry, I'm taking Driver's Ed. Us Illinoisans can't drive so well unless we sit in a classroom."
3. "Why would I want to repeat wrestling practice?"
4-a. "The clerics say that this T-shirt and gym shorts are too revealing for a girl of the Muslim faith."
4-b. "The only exercise I know is ex-or-cise."
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.