1) Principal city of the East Bay Area.
2) The repository for San Francisco's social problems. Oakland exists to make San Francisco look pretty.
3) City that's free to get into when you cross the Bay Bridge, but you have to pay to leave it, to get into San Francisco.
4) City with a bad reputation but which is gentrifying due to shockingly high prices in The City.
5) Next to Portland, Oregon, the Lesbian capital of the Western US
Woman: Mary is from Oakland.
Man: Is she a lesbian?
Man: Is she black?
Man: Then she can't be from Oakland.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.