The more advanced side of New Jersey, and the side that is more influenced by New York. In North Jersey, the Yankees/Mets, Knicks/Nets, & Devils/Rangers/Islanders get more press then in South Jersey (We're not all Yankee fans, FYI). Also, there is a stereotype that we all have New York Accents, which is wrong. Most of us don't have an accent at all, and those that do live VERY close to New York.
There are Diners everywhere, true, but New Jersey is the Diner state, so that can't really be blamed on North NJ.
In North Jersey:
- We read the Star Ledger, not the Asbury Park Press.
- We use SPRINKLES, not Jimmies.
- We eat SUBS, not Hoagies.
- Channel 4 is NBC. Not 3.
- None of us have any f*cking idea what a Wawa is.
- We really don't give a shit how the Phillies do.
- Atlantic City isn't sentimental to us.
(These views are mine, not yours)
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.