1. the political agenda (Neue Ordnung) that the Nazis had set for Germany after seizing power. It included the conquest of the entire planet and the extermination of billions of people.
2. the totalitarian regime of Indonesia and its ideology established by Suharto in 1965. Pro-democracy activists toppled the New Order in 1998.
3. in the original paperback novel version of "Star Wars (A New Hope)" Emperor Palatine's Galactic regime is called the New Order.
4. a terrific UKalternative, dance and synth-rock band that rose from the ashes of the post-punk group Joy Division in 1980. They scored many MTV and club hits in the 80s and 90s. They greatly influenced the techno and electrodance scenes and disbanded in 2007.
1. The Nazi New Order slogan was "Heute Deutschland, morgen die Welt" ("today Germany, tomorrow the world").
2. AKA Orde Baru, the Suharto New Order was characterized by jingoistic nationalism, persecution of ethnic Chinese, wars of rebellion by other ethnic groups, a conquest of East Timor, corruption and nepotism.
3. For the "Star Wars" films George Lucas also derived the word "stormtroopers" from the German "Sturm Abtelung" - storm troops.
4. Among the many hits by New Order are "Everything's Gone Green" , "Temptation", "Blue Monday", "Confusion" , "True Faith", "Regret", "Crystal", "Touched by the Hand of God", "1963" and more. Check em out!
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.