1) The act of murmuring, mumbling or otherwise verbalising one's speech at indistinct levels of volume (often when complaining silently, or "speaking under one's breath").
2) The German word for "mother" (see Mutti)
3) An album released by Rammstein in 2001, characterised by the cover's image of an unborn foetus (a depiction that some weak-stomached fans found slightly unnerving). The album is widely regarded as a Rammstein classic, heralding their most spectacular and illustrious works, such as Feuer Frei, Mutter, Mein Hertz Brennt, Speilhur, Sonne, Ich Will, and many others that make the album one of Rammstein's most hailed and incredible works (although most Rammstein fans, including myself, would argue that all of their albums are brilliant; but subjectivity has no place in this description).
1) My boss reprimanded me for arriving to work late, so I walked outta his office muttering profanities under my breath.
2) "Ich leibe meine mutter" (I love my mother, in what's hopefully correctly worded German)
3) "Keine Sonne die mir scheint, keine Brust hat Milch geweint in meiner Kehle steckt ein Schlauch. Hab keinen Nabel auf dem Bauch." ~ Lyrics from Rammstein's album, 'Mutter' (from the song under the same name)
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.