1. noun. A term referring to a mute person, someone suffering from muteness, a speech disorder which some individuals have. For one or more reasons, they are unable to speak out without the help of certain utilities.
2. verb. A verb describing the action to (usually) disable the sound on something, like a television, as well as disabling someone from communicating, for example in chat channels on the Internet.
1. That person over there is mute, he is unable to talk.
2. Please mute the sound on the television for a moment, I am talking on the phone.
2. Do you remember that person from the chat yesterday who kept spamming obscene words? I believe she was muted by a moderator.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.