1. In the United Kingdom, it's slang word for "speed freak".
2. In the United States, it's a slang word used to describe someone who likes to tinker on automobile engines, a car engine enthusiast.
3. The first speed metal/thrash band, formed in England in 1975. They were the first band to combine heavy metal with the attitude and speedy velocity of punk rock. They sound a lot like Chuck Berry at warp speed.
1. Larry from Glouchester pops speed tablets 3 times a day. He is what the Brits call a "motorhead".
2. I read an article in the Columbus Dispatch newspaper one time that detailed people in Japan who like to fix up and tinker on the engines of American model cars. They were referred to as Japanese motorheads.
3. Motorhead puts on a very entertaining show, but because I saw them in a club they gave the LOUDEST show I've ever been to. After the show I got a bass pick used by Lemmy Kilmeister. You had to shout and scream in order to have a conversation as we all left the club. I had a ringing in ears that lasted for 3 days. Still, the gig was excellent. When it comes to speed metal, these guys did it first. They should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.