1. To acknowledge and to take responsibility for your own actions.
2. Don't blame others for your own mistakes, problems, or issues when you know it is your fault and not anyone elses. If it is someone elses fault that you are in a situation or predicament then do the best you can to deal with it.
3. Some people say it means not to cry; that is incorrect. We all have feelings; to deny them is to lie to yourself and others, "MAN UP" and deal with it. If you don't you only cause yourself physical, mental, psychological, emotional, and spiritual damage; and you also affect those around you in a negative way as you take it out on them, instead of dealing with it properly. EX: Jesus was a Man among men; he didn't "cry" He "wept tears of blood." He went to the cross, He manned up for things that were not His own.
Even if you are not a Christian/Believer you can surely admit that Jesus was not a wimp, coward, or a liar - He said it, and did it.
1. He did the right thing, he went back and (man up) told his boss the truth and accepted the consequences instead of letting his co-worker take the fall for it.
2. She accepted (man up)responsibility for the accident and told her Mom that she is the one who broke the antique.
3. I felt so sorry for the sobbing man. His immediate family died in a tragic head-on car accident because someone else was drinking and driving. Overall he is dealing with it the best that he can - he is letting it all out (man up), mourning as he should. He sure does have the right to do so.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.