Lolita has multiple meanings, nowadays:
1. The more common and general meaning, a "Lolita" is a non-teenager who has developed the shape of a 14-17 year-old:
-They attract older men (25 and up) with their bodies, knowledge, and over-all charm.
-They receive attention from older men (25 and up) in return.
-Based on a book titled "Lolita." (A 12-year-old girl seduces her step-father.)
2. A Japanese street fashion that has been recently made popular throughout the globe by Gwen Stefani.
-It is dressing in either: A) Victiorian, lacey, poofy, antique-looking and unique clothing. (Elegant Gothic Lolita) B) Wild colors and patterns blending together from hair to shoes that attract a lot of attention but doesn't look like you rolled around in someones' closet. It has to somewhat flow together. (Harajuku Lolita) C) Clothes resembling those from Alice in Wonderland or the 1920's.
-Gwen Stefani's numerous songs involve Lolita Fashion - "What You Waiting For?" (Lyrics and Music Video), "Rich Girls" (Lyrics and Music Video), and "Harajuku Girls." And is now made popular in the UK and America by the Otaku and the Wapanese who try to be Lolitas.
1. Did you ever read the book, "Lolita"? -Anonymous
2. Shelby is a such a Lolita. Did you know that she flirts with the math teacher to get out of class EVERY DAY!? -Me
3. I'm fascinated by the Japanese fashion scene
Just an American girl, in the Tokyo streets
My boyfriend bought me a Hysteric Glamour shirt
They're hard to find in the states, got me feeling couture -Gwen Stefani's "Harajuku Girls"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.