1. var. of Lyonesse, meaning "village of dreams."
2. Lyonesse is the home of Guinevere, of the Arthurian legend. It is situated between Camelot and Malagant's territory. Lyonesse was ruled by Guinevere's father until his death, after which Guinevere became the "Lady of Lyonesse."Alfred, Lord Tennyson's Arthurian epic Idylls of the King, describes Lyonesse as the site of the final battle between Arthur and Mordred.
3. Feminine of Leon—French, Spanish, Greek for lion-like
4. Nesse var of NESSA: feminine form of Hebrew Nes, meaning "miracle."
5. Nesse: Variant spelling of English Neassa, meaning "excellent valor."
6. Leonesse—combination of Leon and Nesse: person with lion-like valor of miraculous proportions
7. Variant of NEST or NESTA: Welsh diminutive form of Greek Hagne (English Agnes), meaning "chaste; holy."
Leonesse is the home of Guinevere, of the Arthurian legend.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.