The average indie kid is usually:
- white and middle classed
- well read and well spoken
- likes quoting lyrics of the most obscure songs (favourites include 'Who's Got The Cr*ck?' and any of The Queens Of Noize)
- sporting blazers, pin badges, battered converse, drainpipes, oversized sunglasses, polka dots (before they - became fashionable), a cigarette, a book of poetry and a bottle of whiskey (preferable in a hip flask)
- into the whole boytouching/girl touching thing
- anti-'indie bands who have broken through into the mainstream charts'
- wearing eyeliner
- into films, y'know arty flicks like Donnie Darko
- able to draw, or at least take posey photographs of themselves and edit them on photoshop
- into online blogging
I'm not allowed to name indie kids i know, so I'll just say you're average Pete Doherty fan (god help us)
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.