1. An alternative degree for above average senior high school students, it is internationally regulated and recognised as a more challenging and more prestigious course.
2. A program designed specifically to destroy any small shards of self-esteem a pre-IB student once had.
3. A highly elitist program that is really only available to students who's parents can pay for them to attend a very good school.
4. Something that parents can brag about to their friends. (see above)
5. Will either be my downfall or my emancipation from a mediocre life.
1. Year 10 Student (pre-IB): Hey! ive aced every class this year! i think ill do the IB. I've always been fairly smart, and even though i know it will be a challenge, i want to give it a go!
2. Year 11 student (first year IB): Wow... i didnt realise that now i am in a class of gifted people, i no longer stand out - in fact, i feel like a big old dumbass...
3. I feel very grateful for my education. I have attended the best private girls school in australia since i was 7 thanks to my parents being able to pay $17 000 a year to keep me there, now im doing the IB! i better get a damn good result or ill have nothing to show for my $153 000 education...
5. "oh!, how delightful prudence! your daughter will be attending MLC also! Do come down to the Estate this weekend with your family, we can play polo and croquet and it will be jolly good fun!"
6. Hmmmm... i could either end up failing IB (and become a crackwhore) or, i could be a future high-rolling corporate fat-cat/neurosurgeon/investment banker/corporate lawyer/astronaut.
Its funny, because when i asked my father (who is a doctor) to help me with my first term IB biology homework, he said that it was the same as what he learnt in second year med...
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.