1. Money that does not exist, but will be spent or obligated to be spent with the hope that some unknown future person or party will pick up the tab.
2. Money that is expected from unknown or unreliable sources, such as state lotteries.
3. Monopoly money.
1. Congress obligated 787 Billion Hope Dollars to be paid back by future generations.
2. Congress obligated $700 Billion Hope Dollars to be paid to bankers hoping the bankers would not put it in their wallets.
3. Justin hoped he would be able to pay for the an LCD TV he bought on credit.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.