Small part of North West London (NW10), in the Southern district of the London borough of Brent. Harlesden consists of a few areas: Harlesden, Stonebridge, Church End, Kensal Green.
- To the East of Central Harlesden is Kensal Green, Kensal Rise, Cricklewood, Queens Park, Wormwood Scrubs and Kilburn Park.
- To the West of Harlesden is Stonebridge, Monks Park, Alperton and Wembley Central.
- To the North of Harlesden is Church End, Willesden, Dollis Hill, St Raphaels, Brent Park and Neasden.
- To the South of Harlesden is Park Royal, Hanger Lane, North Acton and Ladbroke Grove.
-NW10 borders other postcodes: NW6, NW2, NW9, HA0, HA9, W5, W3, W12, W10.
(1) Notorious for gang violence and general crime since the 1980's. In 2000 Harlesden was recognised as the 'murder capital of England'. Particularly the areas around Church Road, Curzon Cresent, Hillside, Shakespeare Crescent and other areas near Stonebridge and Church End.
(2) Harlesden has many leisure facilities such as clubs and is well-known for this.
(3) Television documentaries such as 'Heart of Harlesden' and 'My Shakespeare' has drawn a lot of media attention to the area.
Transport which serves Harlesden/Willesden Junction:
-Buses: N18, 18, 187, 206, 220, 224, 226, 228, 260, 266, 487
-Tube: Harlesden, Willesden Junction
Other transport which serve closely to Harlesden:
-Buses: 440, 112, 6, 28, 52, 302, 452, 611, 98, N98
-Tube: Stonebridge Park, Kensal Green, Park Royal, Neasden, North Acton
E.g. "What part of NW?"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.