1) One who has coloured hair ranging in shades from Red to Strawberry blonde.Usually pale with freckles,less susceptible to electrical pain,more susceptible to sunlight. Although these r not a wholly 'ginger' traits & may not apply.
Loved, mocked & feared by those of different hair colours. Prejudice towards redheads is formally known as Gingerism& fear of them is Gingerphobia.
Usually associated with such insults as carrot top, ginger nut, Duracell and gingivitis - entirely unrelated, its gum disease.
Famous people e.g queen Elizabeth, Boadicea, celebrities -Nicole Kidman, Gerri Halliwell, Catherine Tate, Mich Hucknall- associated with this hair colour - on the increase this year as it has been hallmarked as the 'new blonde'.
Between 1& 2% of people in the UK have red hair
Red hair has more pheomelanin than other hair colours, but less of the dark pigment eumelanin thus causing the colouring
Redhead day is the name of a Dutch festival that takes place each first weekend of September in the city of Breda, the Netherlands.
It is said that Gingers have a higher sex drive, are better in bed, are generally more mischievous and known as 'kinky'
2) A type of spice used for cooking and also consumed whole as a delicacy or medicine
3) Earliest known ancient Egyptian mummified body dating back to pre 3000 bc
4) Various bands artists and groups
1) That person has ginger hair
Its a ginger...
Don't make them angry, they're ginger...
They must be good in bed... have you heard the rumours about fiery red head's?
2) Shall we add some flavour?
How, about some ginger...?
Would you like a gingerbread man?
3)Its a mummy :O
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.