1. (n) Academic discipline/major whose fundamental teachings may vary from school-to-school. Testing is usually based on essays & projects that are susceptible to subjective grading. Usually associated with 'the Arts'.
2. (n) Any college course where your social relationship with the professor can outweigh your actual knowledge of the material.
3. (n) An individual who has declared to major in one the fuzzy studies.
1. Art, Philosophy, Sociology, Anthropology, English, Liberal Studies, etc.
2. "Sara's writing style never changed, but her grades began to improve after she started babysitting for the professor."
3. "Sara used to be a math major, but she couldn't cut it. So she declared as a liberal studies major. Now she's a fuzzy study."
NOTE: if you attempt to transfer schools and realize that a majority of your previously-earned units are not accepted at the new school, you're probably in a fuzzy study.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.