As an entire expression, this functions as an adverb. Sometimes "just" is added to the beginning to complete the expression.
1) For no reason, serving no higher meaning.
2) For pain.
3) "pushing the limits"; Testing God; solely for the purpose of sinning.
1) Even when I'm not tired, sometimes I sleep just for the hell of it.
2) I see her hurting herself often, and I wonder if she's doing it for the hell of it.
3) He sleeps with a different man's wife every night just for the hell of it.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.