An internet lingo created to battle the the overuse of the term lol by using different abbreviations to more accurately describe the user's expressions.
1. NL=Not Laughing. Used when a friend makes an unfunny joke but thought it was hilarious.
2. Ss=Slight Smile. Used when the user has a slight smile on their face, an expression that many people described innacurately with the term "lol".
3. Cg=Cracked Grin. Used when the user is halfway between a slight smile and loling.
4. Lol=Laughing out loud. Only to be used when the user is literally laughing audibly in a text or online chat.
1. Guy A: Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side!
Guy B: NL...
2. Guy A: That guy gets more ass than a toilet seat...
Guy B: Ss, that was slightly amusing.
3. Guy A: I smoked a pound of weed one time and pissed all over my friend's pet hamster.
Guy B: Cg, that is pretty damn funny...
4. Guy A: That chick is like a broken traffic light. Green light all the time!
Guy B: Lol, i am literally laughing audibly so that others in the room can hear me, and am not in any way just saying "lol" to show how extremely uninterested I am.
Guy A: I love how you used expressionism as a way to convey your true emotions.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.