1. The state of failure which surpasses all understood predisposition(s) of pity in other said parties which might witness the particular failure in question.
2. A current, customary form of expressing displeasure to the shortcomings or maladroitly behavior of another - especially behavior seen as excessively thoughtless, prone to failure, foolish.
3. When the external efforts intended for good by a group or individual become undeniably and universally accepted as worthy of ridicule, yet at a much broader scale, "epic fail", a failure which surpasses reason or explanation, laughter is stifled and time stops for a short period of time to mourn the presence of the said failure in question
4. (Religious) When Satan and/or Lucifer(as depicted in scripture) looks upon the failure of a said party and either feels jealousy toward the chaos they have caused or contrary to his mythical nature begins to actually pity those who are instigators of an "epic fail."
5. The United States Government(past, present or future tenses aside, as well as any party, idealism or administration).
The increasingly held view that The United States Government has, for some time, even to the most current administration, despite all arguments of one party or the other, has failed and is doomed to always fail beyond redemption or hope.
6. Senator Howard Dean.
7. John Edwards' Haircut.
8. Dan Rather.
"Johnny tried to asking out the girl of his dreams and farted because he got nervous - Epic Fail."
"Josh tried to capture the rare White Siberian Tiger on photo as he became one the luckiest men alive in witnessing the existence of such a rare animal. As he tapped his camera for an exposure, he realized that he forgot 1) to empty his memory card to make room for the perfect shot and 2) Remove the lens cover. Epic Fail!"
"He tried to show of his 'fly ride,' yet as he tried to 'peel out' he accidentally shifted his vehicle into 'neutral' instead of 'drive', causing his engine to race very high and eventually backfire. Epic Fail. Oh yeah...and his ride was an Oldsmobile. Epic Fail #2."
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.