1. a refreshing bubbly soft drink that is loaded with jet fuel!
2. the reason why the Beatles changed the name of their epic album to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
3. said soft drink company that made a bet and did their best to weasel out of it.
1. I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper, she's a Pepper, we're a Pepper, would you like to be a Pepper too? Be a Pepper. Drink Dr. Pepper.
2. Dr. Pepper got promoted to Seargeant.
3. Last year I got to listen to the entire Guns N Roses catalog online, including the too-often-delayed long-awaited-and-overdue new album "Chinese Democracy". It's a really good album, it kicks some major ass and has a lot of diversity in the songs. Just don't take so long next time, OK fellas?
After hearing the last track there was a link taking me to "drpepper.com". Dr. Pepper made a bet: if the new GNR album was released last year then EVERYONE in America would get a free drink. There was a time limit window for this, however. You had to hit a link to register in order to get a coupon (to be printed) good for a FREE 20 oz. bottle of Dr. Pepper. I couldn't get ON there! I was on hold FOREVER. Apparently so were many other people. The corporation heads decided to "extend" the time window by a few hours. When I FINALLY got on the desired page there was a message that said that I was too late - the window of opportunity had expired by 15 minutes! Lemme see, we have over 265 million people in the United States so that would mean how many drinks...
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.