1. A character in the video game Donkey Kong, who throws barrels at Jumpman (who later evolved into Mario), in an attempt to stop him from getting at the princess who he had kidnapped from Jumpman.
2. A very popular video game, considered to be one of the best of the century, although Tetris is frequently ranked higher on lists. The gameplay involved jumping over barrels, and climbing up ladders, to rescue the princess, who did not happen to be in another castle. The game was made famous for good graphics and its amazing gameplay.
3. A compliment to a paticularly good video game. The opposite is "not Donkey Kong".
1. Donkey Kong was walking around, when he saw Jumpman. Agressively, Donkey Kong threw a barrel at Jumpman, who could not dodge it in time. Jumpman died.
2. "So, I was playing Donkey Kong, and I jumped over two barrels in a row, but the third one hit me. But at least I set a new highscore!"
3. "Wow, Final Fantasy I was totally Donkey Kong!"
"Yeah, but World of Warcraft was so not Donkey Kong!"
"Eh, I didn't get a chance to play it, I'm a retrogamer. It's pretty much safe to say all the new games are not Donkey Kong."
"Whoa, I'm a retrogamer too!"
And they all lived happily ever after.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.