Someone from the island of Cyprus, who can trace their ties back to the island before the 1950s.
Ok people, a lot of Turk bashing and Greek bashing.
Let me set this straight:
1. Around the 1920s there were both TurkCs and GreekCs on the island who had migrated there from their respective empires.
2. Before the troubles (just before 1974) it was relatively peaceful island. GreekCs lived with TurkCs. TurkCs lived with GreekCs.
3. Around 1974, the troubles hit peak and patriots from both sides started to turn on their neighbours by rounding them up and shooting them. Village by village.
4. Since the GreekCs were the majority in this case, the TurkCs had more to lose.
5. Turkey eventually invaded the island in order to protect "its people" and declared North Cyprus a state of Turkey under its protection.
6. Patriotism rose on both sides because of this decision, and an influx of Turks were imported into the island to keep TurkC numbers "strong."
As a result you get four types of people on the island:
Turkish Cypriots, Greek Cypriots, Mainland Turks, English.
As a Turkish Cypriot living in England, I hate the following groups for the following reasons;
Greek Cypriots - For treating Turkish Cypriots like 2nd class citizens in their own country, and spouting your incredibly 1-sided propaganda to the rest of the world. You guys are complete sobs, and wouldn't even give me directions to the border even though you were living around the corner from it. The saddest part is that you guys actually believe your own bullshit.
Mainland Turks - For invading the island and acting like general wastes of space as you spout your own miliyetci propaganda. Shut up and stop bleating the national pride like its a religion. Seriously, these idiots actually weekly worship the statue of the decapitated head of Ataturk, a man who tried to westernise Turkey and move it away from its muslim roots. As a result, you get every yokel in the country praying to him like a new god. Morons.
English (chavs)- For invading the island and turning it into your own cesspit of a theme park. You build ghost towns all over what was once nice countryside, so you can come to the island for maybe -what- one week a year and then leave it? Do whatever you want to Greek side, it was commercialised before I got there, but leave the Turkish side alone; it's not your disco. It's where people live you fat pink bastards.
So there we go; Im TurkishC and I hate everyone who hates me.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.