1. inordinate over-fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.
2. extreme preoccupation with and indulgence of one's feelings, desires, etc.; egoistic self-absorption.
3. Slang. a contemptibly naive, fatuous, foolish, or inconsequential person.
4. Psychoanalysis. delusional gratification derived from over-admiration of one's own imagined superior physical abilities, usually this solipsistic self-absorption syndrome is outgrown after adolescence, in rare cases will continue into adulthood.
1. fool, half-wit; imbecile; dolt, dunce, numskull, solipsist, egomaniac, diva, narcissist.
Origin: named after Michael Crabtree, a wide receiver drafted by the San Francisco 49ers as the 10th pick out of Texas Tech in the 2009 NFL Draft. Despite being offered a 20 million dollar contract, he has become the second-longest NFL rookie holdout in two decades.
The new actor on 'All My Children' was intent on getting paid the same pay as the show's highest paid actress, Susan Lucci. The producers of the long-running soap opera told the actor's agent, "Why is your client trying to be a 'Crabtree?' He is lucky to be given such a great opportunity!"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.