1. The state of something being strange, abnormal or mutated to the point of resembling the environmental mutations that were a consequence of the Chernobyl radiological disaster.
2. Denoting something as unusually irregular in regard to it being contrary to its natural or standard genetic form. For example a peculiarly looking vegetable; a striking multi-coloured blossom tree which has been artificially grafted by horticulturists in an attempt to make it aesthetically “better”; a fruit tree which produces more than one breed of the same fruit as a result of being grafted in this way.
1. My! That misshapen potato is strange looking . . .
it’s somewhat Chernobylesque.
2. I feel the resulting genetically modified sheep were rather Chernobylesque.
3. A ginger haired person of oriental ethnicity you say? That’s quite Chernobylesque.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.