1. Hispanic word for a cheap sandal or flip-flops; also known as chancla. Often found under the bed.
2. Often used as disciplinary tool to correct lamentable behavior.
May be used as a adjective (chancletero/chancletera-one who wears cheap sandals/flip flops; also used as verb (chanclaso-severe beating with a chancleta/chancla)
1. "Yo, why are you wearing socks with chancletas?"
"Get my chancletas, I'm going out"
"Have you seen my chancleta, I seem to have misplaced it"
2. "You better clean that room before you get a chancleta in the face!"
3. "Why is your thigh red?
It got in the way of a chancleta."
4. "I hear that chancletero coming down the hall"
5. "I came home late last night and got the chanclaso of my life!"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.