The Golden State and the most loved and hated state in the United States.
1. The nations top agriculture state for over 50 years.
2. The most diverse state in America.
3. Most populous.
4. Most national parks.
5. The 5th largest economy in the world.
6. Tallest and largest trees in the world.
7. Highest mountain in the lower 48 states. Sorry Colorado.
8. Lowest and hottest place in Western Hemisphere. Death Valley.
9. Large cosmopolitan cities like SF, LA, San Diego and small towns like Julian, Lone Pine and Buellton.
11.Beautiful beaches including a chain of islands off the coast.
14.Hearst Castle, Big Sur, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Sequoia, Joshua Tree, Channel Islands, Mount Shasta, Central Valley, El Camino Real, SF Bay, LA Basin, Tomales Bay, Santa Barbara coast....
15.Great UC colleges.
16.Great aerospace heritage. Movie heritage. Agriculture heritage.
18.Golden Gate Bridge
19.Great musical heritage (rock, jazz and country)
20.Home of American Graffiti--one of the best movies of all time.
I could go on---but suffice it to say that if a state is the most loved and hated--then it has to be the best. Just like America is the most loved and hated nation.
I was born in Texas but moved to Cali as a kid and have loved it ever since. Anything you want is in Cali. Snow, sun, forests, lakes, deserts, beaches, rivers, wine country, farmland.
I am proud of my home state.
Joe Shmoe: "California sucks!"
Californian: "Oh? Where did you go?"
Joe: "Disneyland, Hollywood Blvd. A bunch of freaks!"
Californian: "You haven't been to the real California."
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.