A tiny, insignificant part of Canada that suddenly (due to it's recent oil boom) thinks it is the most cosmopolitan, hip, flourishing place to be.
While it's true that there has been a lot of economic activity since the late 90's, there are other cold facts Calgarians don't like to brag about:
- population less than 1 million (that is a small city)
- conservative politics (need I mentiond Harper?)
- completely DEAD nightlife (Electric Avenue blows)
- no diversity in employment (either you sell real estate
or you are a redneck working on the oil rigs)
- only white people live there ... i.e. no authentic
cultural experiences like food, art, social diversity
Canada has 3 important cities: Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver. There rest are strictly peripheral.
Dude: "how was the job hunt out in Calgary?"
Bud: "great. I can live here a buy a house ..."
Dude: "what the problem then?"
Bud: "Nothing to fucking do! I'd rather get back to Vancouver or head to Toronto where there is a real night life ... this place blows dog!!!"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.
Log in with Facebook to save your favorite definitions
and share them with friends.