A cool borough, but the Bronx is still better because
1) The Bronx has City Island.
2) We have a zoo and a botanical garden.
3) The Manhattan numbering system continues into the Bronx, and unlike Brooklyn, we don't have 5 different confusing numbering systems at the same time.
4) The Bronx is one-quarter park space. Take that, Prospect Park!
5) The Bronx has more waterfront area.
6) The Bronx (Hunts Point) is the birthplace of hip hop. Amusingly the Bronx is also home to places that are so much the opposite of that, like Riverdale.
7) You actually can picture where you are in the Bronx, unlike Brooklyn which has that back-end feel to it.
I was walking in Brooklyn on 86th Street then all of a sudden it was East 59th Avenue and then that intersected with Bayridge 781st Boulevard. How confusing.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.