Bros are a type of white male between the ages of 16-24. They originated in Southern California during the early 2000s, but are now prevalent in most major cities throughout the US and Canada. They are characterized mainly by their frequent use of the word "bro" to describe other males who are actually unrelated to them, but can be noted by many other distinguishing features such as:
1. A brightly colored Abercrombie and Fitch polo (often pink) worn with the collar popped
2. A Livestrong bracelet
3. A trucker hat, worn either backwards or tilted to the side
4. A pair of gino sunglasses, most likely purchased from Armani Exchange for $39.99, and often worn indoors / in non-sunny weather
5. Being overly tanned, to the point at which it is apparent they spend several days a week at the tanning salon
6. Hair with too much gel in it
7. Working out all the time and wearing overly tight shirts to make it look like they are more jacked than they actually are
8. Frequent use of the words "chill" and "sweet"
9. Liking Family Guy better than the Simpsons
10. Listening to a combination of soft rock (Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Dave Matthews), the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and some rap.
11. Ripped jeans for formal attire and track pants for informal attire
12. The excessive use of cologne and axe body spray
There are several "bro repellants" available to the common North American young man:
1. Listening to thrash metal, grunge metal, or classic rock
2. Using words longer than six letters
3. Staying away from Laguna Beach, Malibu, or any other towns with names that are printed on Hollister shirts
Bro #1: Yo bro, let's go chill at Laguna beach bro, but first we have to work on our tans bro, I hear Lauren Conrad is gonna be there bro.
Bro #2: Sweet bro, sounds chillin' bro, let's do it up bro.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.