Someone who has no conception of communication. How to know if you or someone else is a Bad Texter:
1. One word responses.
2. Ridiculously horrible grammar.
3. Responses are delayed without saying "brb" or any other excuse.
4. Extensive punctuation. We get it when it's something huge, but five exclamations for a daily greeting really isn't necessary.
5. Flat-out annoying. If someone says the have to go, wait for them to text you or for at least 6 hours before starting up a conversation.
6. Multiple texts sent. If it's a story, okay, but really, is every detail necessary? Well, if it is, calling is a better way to deal.
7. Caps lock frequently. Unless the person receiving your texts is visually impaired, it is not necessary to write in big letters.
8. Not participating. This is a big one. It shouldn't be a one-sided conversation. Make an effort, especially if you text first.
9. Also with number 8, if you don't have something to say, don't text. It just ends up being a boring, lame conversation where you say "how r u?" a dozen times.
10. Common Sense. If someone isn't answering you, don't bother them. Either they are being...well, themselves and don't feel like answering you or they're busy. Either way, back off. Whatever you have to say can wait. We know this because if it were actually important, you'd call.
1. "LOL" "nice" "funny" "ha" "yes" "no" "maybe"
2. "i doughno hoo yu arh, buh ey liKE tiping lieeek deesss"
3. John: I hate people who are Bad Texters!
(an hour later)
Jack: Yah, same!
4. "HI OMG OMG OMG HI I HAVEN'T TEXTD U IN LIKE AN HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
5. John: Okay, well, I have to go now. Bye.
Jack: Oh ok
(an hour later)
6. Jack: i don't know why you're not answering meh. i hav ben waiting. for about ten minutes now. or eleven. i dunno, my watch is off. i need a new one. maybe you can buy meh one. ohkay?! yah. so. answer meh. the party is starting. now. i think. i dunno! im confused! WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER MEEEEEEE!
7. Jack: HI WHATS UP I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I'VE BEEN IGNORED LATELY PLZ ANSWR!
8. Jack: idk
John: Oh. Yeah I'm not sure either...so how's life?
John: What's wrong?
John: I don't understand.
9: Jack: hi
John: hey whaddup?
John: just watching the game.
John: Yeah so whats new
John: There must be something!
Jack: NO THERE ISN'T DAMMIT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME!!!!!!!
10. Jack: Hi.
Jack: ARE YOU BUSY?!
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.