(1) the smallest big city in texas, also the capital city.
(2) haven for hippies, tattoo artists, fratties, scenesters, coffee shops, and people who aren't sure what they're going to do with their life, and are currently attending community college and working, part time.
(3) home of the university of texas, sxsw, 6th street, and is considered by some to be the live music capital of the world. also the location of a huge .com backlash.
(4) a location with horrible parking and traffic, that tows more cars and gives more tickets than any other city in the world.
-- also known as "the 512" or "ATX"
-- see also, "keep austin weird"
(2) I'm living in Austin, TX and working part time. I think I'll take a semester off school and get another job.
(3) Lots of bands come to Austin, TX for sxsw. Okay, let's get drunk.
(4) I went to Austin, TX and my car was impounded and destroyed.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.
Log in with Facebook to save your favorite definitions
and share them with friends.