An expression used as a respond when someone passes the millionth raincheck for a get together or date.
Derives from the Harry Chapin song "Cat's in the Cradle", telling the story of a father who never has time for his son and when the son grows up, he never has time for his father.
- So, how about that movie night we've been trying to have for six months now?
- Dude, I can't. Not now, I've got a lot on my schedule. Another time?
- "And the cat's in the cradle". Fine, another time then...
- Brad, dude, we've got this awesome party coming up this Friday. Why don't you join us? You've been away for months with your job.
- I can't, I have another deadline on Friday. I'm sorry. How about next Saturday?
- "And the cat's in the cradle". Screw you Brad, you never have time for us anymore.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.