1) The, usually surgical, removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
2) A standpoint over which democratic and republican parties argue with no actual consideration for the lives involved. Mysterious figures seem to be popping up everywhere about the numbers and percentages of abortions, such as "Rape victims account for less than 1% of all abortions." This information is surprising, seeing as most rapes aren't even filed (and this informations is absolutely, and completely, necessary to make any claim, such that has been made), and most -- if not all -- parties that perform abortion don't require a "Q&A" session as to why the abortion is being performed.
3) Something that isn't anyone's business outside of the woman getting the abortion.
1) "Alison had an abortion."
2) Republican: "Let's argue about abortion, because there's nothing worthwhile that needs to be addressed -- like the fact that hundreds are being killed overseas in this war that we won't let go. Killing people is okay, so long as they've lived long enough to believe differently than me. Yay God!"
or, if I may be so bold to quote the song of Roland:
"Paiens ont tort et Chretiens ont droit."
(For our non-ancient-French speakers: "Pagans are wrong, and Christians are right".)
3) M: "Sue's says she's going to be gone next Friday, and she's been acting really weird since she broke up with Kyle -- do you think she's getting an abortion?"
T: "It's not your business, and if she wanted us to know, she'd tell us. What was the Latin homework last night?"
M: "Page ninety-five."
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.