Yong Jie used to be a high vulgar phrase known in the city of Singapore. It has derived from the Navajo word which means gonorrhea, and also evolved from the Hokkien phrase for "fucked up child". However, due to the frequent use of "Yong Jie" by many teenagers today, this phrase has become a common phrase in Singlish to use to describe nearly everything, be it good or bad. The more common uses of Yong Jie are as follow:more...
1. A highly philosophical person who is very versed in the cultivation of the arts, but unfortunately is only fairly good in the sciences.
2. A RVD fan.
3. A mushroom.
4. A dumb Liverpool fan.
5. A counterfeit Catholic.
6. A liar who succumbs to sexual temptations very easily.
7. An inconspicuous perv.
8. A loser brawler who thinks he fights like R-V-D, and has ruffled a few feathers because of this trait.
9. A fucked up child whose parents do not even want to acknowledge.
10. Something you get if you have unsafe sex.
11. A ravishing teenager who is so arrogant he thinks he shouldn't model for companies he believes will smear his reputation.
12. Keane fanboy.
13. A joke critic.
14. A teenager who used to love Pokemon, but can never pronounce their names.
15. An egomaniac with perfect facial and bodily features who is unforgiving to we commoners with some unpleasant looks.
16. Annoying prank caller.
17. A crybaby
18. A gay who admires aging Chinese singers.