Typically (but not always) it is 100% accurate. I mean, if you don't want to be thought of as nation who eats nothing but McDonalds, don't build one on the frontlines of a battleground. Isn't that taking it a little far?
Also American culture is rather... lacking. It goes as far as translating a foregein television program. But they don't just translate it, no that's not the American way. They have to bastardise it, by completly changing the script and jokes so that the nations small mind can understand the joke. In most cases, this goes from being a joke of incredible wit and timing, and ends up as someone falling on his arse.
Also, it has been statistally proven time and time again, that America is the fattest country in the world, with Japan being the slimest. Russia is rapidly catching up to America however, as they seem to be being hit heavily by the fowl curse also known as "Americanisation".
Also a term to mean a species of Human that is at least an age behind the rest of the world, evolution wise, hence why they shouldn't be expected to be as intelligent as the rest of the world.
Yank : "Oink, Oink, a trough would be good, cutlery only wastes time."
2. A term used by American Southerners to a. describe Union Forces during the American Civil War; b. Post Civil War reference to Americans from non-Southern States.
3. Slang for male masterbastion.
4. A term to describe pulling something very hard and fast (see number 3)
2. a. "Its a Yank! Shoot it!
b. John Boy: "he called you a Yank, Billy Bob"! Billy Bob: "No body call my a Yank!I am going to shoot you, you Limey Bastard!"
3. "Are you yanking that thing again" or "go yank your wanker"
4. "I yanked it so hard, I got blisters"
Ironically, within the States, the term is used by the people who best fit said stereotype as a pejorative term for educated, left-leaning urban Northerners.
University student next to him: It's probably hard for someone who's never left Essex to understand, but...oh, nevermind. I like those Burbory shoelaces in your trainers.
1. Term used by Southern Americans to refer to a Northern American.
2. Term used by foreign nations, chiefly Britain and Australia to refer to Americans.
==> The term is thought to derive from Dutch settlers in the 1600's referring to the English colonials as 'Jan Kees' (John Cheese) which entered our language with the spelling 'Yankees,' as that is how it would sound in Dutch. 'Yanks' is simply a shortened form of it.
Redneck hick from the South: "Yeehaw, thems Yankies are'sa comin', get the showtgun, yiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeep!!!"
Now just mean's an American.
Southerner: "I'll get y'all yo' damn, yankee."
Yankee: "Fuck off, hillbilly."
"The yank's invaded Iraq."