An American. A person from America, originally a colony created by England set up on land they stole from the native Americans.
The Nazis are bombing London, Mr. Churchill! Where are those yanks when you need them?
1. A term used by the British to describe all Americans.
2. A term used by American Southerners to a. describe Union Forces during the American Civil War; b. Post Civil War reference to Americans from non-Southern States.
3. Slang for male masterbastion.
4. A term to describe pulling something very hard and fast (see number 3)
1. "Oh, God! Its a Yank!"
2. a. "Its a Yank! Shoot it!
b. John Boy: "he called you a Yank, Billy Bob"! Billy Bob: "No body call my a Yank!I am going to shoot you, you Limey Bastard!"
3. "Are you yanking that thing again" or "go yank your wanker"
4. "I yanked it so hard, I got blisters"
A word used by Brits, Aussies, and various others to refer to Americans. Connotation can range from affectionate to pejorative. Often associated with tired stereotypes of Americans being, of course, fat and stupid people who all drive Hummers and love George Bush (all 32% of us!) and can't locate the planet Earth on a map.
Ironically, within the States, the term is used by the people who best fit said stereotype as a pejorative term for educated, left-leaning urban Northerners.
Chav on bus: Oy, mate! D'yeh think 'at fatty what jus' got on is a yank, like?
University student next to him: It's probably hard for someone who's never left Essex to understand, but...oh, nevermind. I like those Burbory shoelaces in your trainers.
a word used to describe american people
that man is from america.. he is a yank
To be a yankee from the North as opposed to a Confederate from the South during the American Civil War.
Now just mean's an American.
In The Past.....
Southerner: "I'll get y'all yo' damn, yankee."
Yankee: "Fuck off, hillbilly."
"The yank's invaded Iraq."
To tug on something.
Yank on this line, sailor.
2)To pull violently
1) Originally used by southern americans as slang for northern americans during the american civil war. Now used by the other English speaking nationalities to mean American.
2) To exert sudden force on an object towards oneself.
Englishman: You know, I usually hate yanks but you're alright
American: No, you don't hate americans, you hate the economical and political attitude of the USA to the rest of the world.
Englishman: (surprised) Never thought of it like that...Want a pint?
American: A whole one?!?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
son: these weeds just won't come out
father: just give 'em a yank