I'm an American and I love my country. If you can accept that, I have nothing against you. If not, you can go fuck yourself, because in the end, it just doesn't matter if you hate America. Doesn't matter at all.
Me: *shakes head at the irony of it*
2. A term used by American Southerners to a. describe Union Forces during the American Civil War; b. Post Civil War reference to Americans from non-Southern States.
3. Slang for male masterbastion.
4. A term to describe pulling something very hard and fast (see number 3)
2. a. "Its a Yank! Shoot it!
b. John Boy: "he called you a Yank, Billy Bob"! Billy Bob: "No body call my a Yank!I am going to shoot you, you Limey Bastard!"
3. "Are you yanking that thing again" or "go yank your wanker"
4. "I yanked it so hard, I got blisters"
Ironically, within the States, the term is used by the people who best fit said stereotype as a pejorative term for educated, left-leaning urban Northerners.
University student next to him: It's probably hard for someone who's never left Essex to understand, but...oh, nevermind. I like those Burbory shoelaces in your trainers.
1. Term used by Southern Americans to refer to a Northern American.
2. Term used by foreign nations, chiefly Britain and Australia to refer to Americans.
==> The term is thought to derive from Dutch settlers in the 1600's referring to the English colonials as 'Jan Kees' (John Cheese) which entered our language with the spelling 'Yankees,' as that is how it would sound in Dutch. 'Yanks' is simply a shortened form of it.
Redneck hick from the South: "Yeehaw, thems Yankies are'sa comin', get the showtgun, yiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeep!!!"
Now just mean's an American.
Southerner: "I'll get y'all yo' damn, yankee."
Yankee: "Fuck off, hillbilly."
"The yank's invaded Iraq."