Their are three different types of the 360 available; the Arcade, which doesn't come with a hard drive, the Pro system which comes with a 60GB hard drive, and the mighty Elite with comes with a nice 120GB hard drive and black finish.
The 360's main competitor is the PS3. Many people seem to think that the PS3 has better graphics, but they are really about the same. The real facts about the PS3 that make it better than the 360 are that it has a lower failure rate and it is slightly more powerful. The 360 is better than the PS3 in the fact that it's cheaper, and has more available games. Overall, each system has its own strengths and weaknesses.
Owning a Xbox 360 can be much like gambling. You're either lucky, or not lucky.
Frank: Sorry, I can't. My Xbox 360 got the RROD and I just bought it last week!
Tim: Are you serious? I've had mine since it was first released, and it's still running like it's brand new!
Side view of the XBox 360, showing off the *removable* Hard Disk caddy
Front View of the new XBox 360
New features include:
- Improved performance and graphics
- Upgraded Xbox Live (Free silver account for activities like text & voice messaging, video chat / Subscription Gold account for online game multiplayer)
- Detachable hardrive
- Every single game in high definition with at least Xbox Live Aware
- Wireless controller featuring a power/Xbox Live button
- Interchangeable face plates
- Compatibility with MP3 players (such as iPod)
- Backwards compatibility with most Xbox games (v.i.a emulation)
When released, the Xbox 360 will employ the most powerful graphics chip ever created. ATi (Xbox 360's GPU supplier) boasts that the Xbox 360's unified shader architecture allows the console to run at 100% efficiency, while previous consoles ran anywhere at 50% to 70% efficiency. While the PS3 employs more brute strength, the Xbox 360's streamlined processing will allow for overall better performance than the PS3.
With the fact that Xbox 360 is such a multifunctional media hub, Microsoft hopes that the Xbox 360 will appeal even to consumers who are not gamers.
Xbox 360 is unique from PS3 and Nintendo Revolution in that it is really focusing on Xbox Live, and taking online play to the next level.