Formerly possessed by the African-American community it slipped into the hands of wiggers at some point during the nineties. Sometime after this, it briefly appeared as though the word would be adapted into the white lexicon. However, it never gained the mainstream usage of other black words/phrases. Today, it is still used by the aforementioned wiggers (though usage of "truth" or some bastardization are common as well). A recent trend in usage can also be found among "above the fray" whites using irony (because you wouldn't expect them to say it, get it?). Which brings us to, "That staff meeting/ABBA concert was tight." "Word!"
Note: In the event of white usage, the word must be said with stereotypical "black" intonations. Also note that whites very rarely use "word" in the form of a question.
2. A slang term for "promise of truth" derived from "Word of Honor" or "Word is my bond" and shortened for convenience to simply "word".
3. A slang term for "absolute truth" derived from biblical reference to the "Word of God" or the Bible itself.
4. A slang term for an affirmative response or agreement.
5. A slang term for "you're not kidding" and "you can say that again" created because gangstas are too lazy and cool to say those nerdy phrases.
2. Microsoft Word, a program used to...type things.
3. A couple letters bunched up together which make sense to us humans.
2. "Uhh...I've gotta type an essay. I'll go use Microsoft Word!"
^Lol. I couldn't think of anything...
3. "Word. W-O-R-D. Word."