Short for "a right-wing nut". Popularized in blogs and throughout the Internet. Used to refer to those who unquestioningly accept and repeat right-wing propaganda no matter how outrageous or unbelieveable.
As opposed to normal conservatives who have relatively independent minds--those few that remain.
"Fox News could say that Invisible Martians came down and hid Iraq's Weapons Of Mass Destruction and the wing-nuts would believe it."
|wing nut images|
1. Ideological extremist from either side of the political spectrum who unquestioningly repeats any and all propaganda and/or conspiracy theories propagated by their side of the political spectrum, no matter how unlikely.
2. An eccentric driven by religious fervor to take on unusual or irrational social or political opinions without care that other members of society consider them off balance. The extremism of these people's faith is proof to them that they are right.
3. A person who was unfortunate in the allotment of his or her genetics, causing his or her ears to be abnormally large and protruding. Originating in Australia where it is rarely used derogatively it became an insult when the word migrated to America
4. An aficionado of the Detroit Red Wings.
5. A fan of the political drama television programme The West Wing
6. A peice of metal that can be easily turned with the fingers used to anchor screws into wood or other material
1. Ritchie: Comrades! The Neo-conservative administration we live under are simply distracting us with their tyranny while they breed an army of wild YETIS in an attempt to enslave us all in work camps which they are at this very moment building in Montana!more...
Guy: Sorry lady, if i believed every wing nut like you I'd be locked in my panic room by now
2. Chris: Every morning my next door neighbour goes outside naked and dances like a chicken in the street while preaching to the world that Satan has finally triumphed over God and it is our job as a society to decapitate all political and social leaders.
Sam: Doesn't he care that he gets arrested every day?
Chris: No, He's a total wing nut.
3. Britney: Like, ew, look at Sam's ears, I like, can't believe he wanted me to go to prom with him. They are like so...out there.
Chelsea: Like, I know, he's like a total wing nut!
4. Charlie: Wow, you can tell a place is a shithole when the hockey fans look like they have enormous pieces of hardware on their heads.
Gabby: Fucking wing nuts
5. Sarah: Hey, I'm home alone Kelly's a total wing nut and so she's neglecting me for a big West Wing marathon. We should go out.
Samantha: Sure, where?
6. Gina: AGH! If I can't find the wing nut that goes on the end of this screw, the screw will fall out and the entire impenetrable fortress will collapse, killing us all!
an easily turned piece of metal used to hold screws on.
i put the wing nut on to hold the machine together
A person with large or pronounced ears. Normally not used in a derogatory manner. (Australian)
"Hello wing nut, how are you?".
a Detroit Red Wings fan. This phrase was conied in 1997 when the Wings won the stanley cup and people started wearing red wings headgear resembling a wing nut.
Look at that sad wing nut crying because there is no NHL games this year.
An eccentric who is usually driven by religious fever. They will take irrational social or political positions and not care that people will think that they are off balance. Being extreme somehow substantiates their faith.
Those guys doing the beheadings are all wing nuts
A petite woman;
As a figurative joke; a woman with such a small body that can be spun around the penis during sex by her legs just like threading a wing nut
"I got my self a wing nut in Thailand"