The Wii was originally going to be called the nintendo dolphin, which was also the early name of the nintendo gamecube, but once again the name was over-ruled by the name "nintendo revolution." this name was also veto'd and the system recieved the name "wii" just weeks before its release in america. The wii comes with a game called "wii sports" which, like most wii games, has graphics only slightly better than that of the nintendo 64, which was released almost 10 years ago. The concept of the Wii will get you playing it non-stop for the first couple of days that you own it, but as soon as your wii-mote loses about half of its battery power, the whole system is fucked and the motion detector bar will be confused as to what you are attempting to do, and thereby go in every direction you are not trying to go. the only decent games for the wii are "avatar: the last airbender," which was dissapointing because it was so short, "metal slug anthology", "the legend of zelda: twilight princess", and "Sonic and the Secret Rings." these games prosper over all others due to the fact they are not a series of poor-graphic mini-games in a poor excuse for a storyline. if you are considering buying a wii and are over the age of 10, you should instead go down to the hardware store and buy a large, $50 hammer so you can knock some sense into yourself, and then buy a half-ounce of purple kush, drive down to crazy j's house, and roll yourself a couple of fatties, because marijuana is a much better investment then a nintendo wii.
ALSO, nintendo started changing the first syllable of just about every word in the english language to "wii"
Person 2: No...
Person 1: It's Wii. Spelt W-i-i.
Person 2: Uhm...hmmm. Yea.
Person 1: Yea. I know. The logo's pretty cool though.
The Wii strategy can be summed up here:
1) Underpowered in relation to the Xbox and Playstation game consoles, and only marginally faster than the GameCube. Nintendo hopes to rely on the same gimmicky "innovations" that made the DS every fanboy's wetdream.
2) The controller is based on the principles of the NES system's Zapper (light gun) technology, Nintendo hopes to market a whole new console full of the same rehashed shit they've always been feeding us. The "point and shoot" Zapper gun after all, was a huge success with duck hunt.
3) Nintendo has not had a good success rate with flooding their game systems with games, so once again they plan on having a service where you can buy and download old games from systems such as the NES, SNES, N64, and so on. This will help Nintendo trick gamers into thinking they're getting their money's worth. Afterall, it costs nothing to release a game for download, since you don't have to you know.. actually DEVELOP and PACKAGE the game.
4) Nintendo also picked the name "Wii" because they enjoy the pun associated with changing the word "We" in sentences, to "Wii". It makes them giggle. Examples below.
"Wii will put people more in touch with their games..."
"Wii will break down that wall that separates video game players from everybody else."
"Because, it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii."
"Wii will Wii will Rock you."
"Have you heard about THE REVOLUTION?"
- "It's called the Wii now dude..."
"What the fuck is a Wii"
- "It's Nintendo's new console"
"Whatever happened to the Revolution?"
-The Nintendo Revolution?
-No, they changed it to the Nintendo Wii
-That sounds gay.
-Well, it IS made by Nintendo.