2. To express astonishment(interj)
3. To indicate a desire for one to end that of which they are speaking (interj)
4. Evolved from a song to describe something that you're not quite sure exactly how to describe (adj)
Whoa can also be spelled "woah" though there are many arguments started by bored people about which way is correct.
2. "Whoa, that roller coaster is fast."
3. "Whoa, okay, that's enough."
4. "That car is so cool, it's like, whoa."
2. A term used as an expression of astonishment.
3. A command to stop a horse.
4. An expression from one being overpowered.
2. Whoa, what a neat vehicle.
3. Used to stop a horse
4. Whoa man, it's ok.. I'll back off.
"Err...it was the one with the dragon that kept vomiting itself inside out... I think."
"Okay so the second one then. Now lets just go over there and get your goddamn shoes back so we can leave."