2. The phrase became associated with the 1984 U.S. presidential election. Former Vice-President Walter Mondale also used the line against rival Senator Gary Hart in his bid for the Democratic nomination in the 1984 presidential campaign.
3. It still uses for the popular culture
Old lady 1: It certainly is a big bun. It's a very big bun. It's a big fluffy bun. It's a very big fluffy bun.
Clara Peller (Old lady 2): Where's the beef?
2. A tension-breaker in situations no-one's saying anything.
3. A way to ask where the 'action' is, ergo - where a party is being held.
4. An annoying catch-phrase.
B: "STFU, n00b."
A: "I just asked whe..."
B: "OMG, u r gay."